In my writing group lately, we’ve been using prompts and games to work on our craft each meeting. I thought I would create a few prompts in multiple genres this summer for fellow writers looking for a boost in creativity.
These are all completely just from my brain – there’s no backstory to discover. Just use the imagery the words elicit and write away.
- Who is the Righteous Ryder and what is her/his mission?
- There’s a magical plant in the woods, which a young girl discovers one day while collecting herbs for her father’s cookery. What does the plant do? What happens after the discovery?
- What would happen if three owls, two unicorns, and a dragon were all best friends?
- A talking medieval cat discovers something sinister in the castle dungeon while hunting mice one morning.
- A duck and her ducklings hold the secret to the universe.